Thursday 10 July 2014

Fitness update


Last night at my Pilates class we were introduced the fitness balls... this lead to lots of hysteria as our improving balance was tested and our core strength was pushed to its limits.

Since I started Pilates when I arrived home from Australia in March, I have found that it really helps to build up my core muscles and also help me to relax. Just an hour once a week is the beginning of feeling healthier inside and out. Because it is a local gym we go to, me and my mum can walk to the session each week which just adds to the work out and it's an hour and a half where I completely shut out the world; no technology and no communication with anything outside my class. I definitely need this time to just think about myself, my body and not worry about everything else going on.

Along with Pilates I am attempting these 30 Day challenges and I will admit sometimes I do miss a day so it will take me longer to complete. I find that even though I'm not noticing physical changes from the Ab workout, I have noticed a change in my strength and do find each movement easier each time and it has helped out with my core strength for my Pilates classes. Squat challenge definitely improves the tone and perkiness of the bottom. In general I am feeling stronger and leaner, I just struggle with sticking to a healthy diet and not snacking so much, but I'm sure I'll get there soon enough.

It's just best to remember that doing a little bit of exercise, whatever it is, helps not only your body but your mind. Sometimes we stress too much about things we can do nothing about. Just switch off that phone, close your mind off to the outside world and just stretch, run, jump and smile

No comments:

Post a Comment