Thursday 5 March 2015

COACH



I could ramble on for hours about Coach and their history, their collections and their bags (the Swagger... yes please!). To try shelf some of my ramblings I will just have a little outburst of love for the latest SS15 collection and a quick whisper of that AW15 presentation at New York Fashion Week.


Under the new direction of creative director Stuart Vevers, the brand has gone from strength to strength in just two years. Coach had it's debut presentation at NYFW last February and since has blossomed. We could have predicted that his designs would be a sell-out, after all he is the man who brought us Bayswater, Emmy and Gisele when he was at the helm of Mulberry as well as reinventing some of the classics at Loewe.

After seeing the latest campaign in all my magazines and reading about the brand in 'The IT Bag Superhero" article in ELLE (March 2015) I have been completely obsessed. Something about the simplicity of the campaign really spoke to me. Pastel colours are always a win and to have a classic IT bag at that more affordable luxury price range is just perfect. Just this weekend The Sunday Times had a article dedicated to the '300 club', applauding luxury designers for some of their pieces being in reach of the average working class women. We don't all earn thousands, we can't justify saving up for three months just for that £1000+ handbag, so for me to see that the Coach Swagger Bag is retailing between £325-£475 gives me hope that I can actually invest in a luxury bag, without completing draining my bank.


This latest Spring/Summer collection combines the subcultures of music, skate and surf. As always, inspired by the streets of New York, the brand stays true to its heritage, exploring luxury and street-wear. They define the collection as 'A journey across America', the dreamer, the optimist, the ideals of spontaneity and an effortless cool. The new Swagger bag is exploring a modern elegance, a classic shape which will hold all your necessities whilst still looking sleek and stylish. They're calling it 'streetwise sophistication' and I want one now. I feel that I could really rock streetwise sophistication, I'm thinking a Swagger bag mixed with sportswear, adding heels for some night time glamour.

 
The Coach Swagger Carryall in Pebble Leather, Periwinkle colour (ah adorable name!) is top of my wish list. Right up there with a new apartment to live in and the dream job. That is how much impact this bag is having on my life right now, I've always been a bag enthusiast but it recent years have cut down on my purchasing of high-street bags, opting to wait and save for one of the IT bags, but never quite finding the guts to spend all my hard earned cash in one swoop. But now, I think the time might have come. The cornflower blue (that was my initial colour observation, but Periwinkle has definitely grown on me) is classy, it has the power to transform an outfit because it adds colour to a monochrome look but also it can combine and clash with any colours you wear too. The size of the Carryall looks perfect too, I can fit my Ipad Mini, phone and essentials without looking like I'm lugging a sack around with me. This fresh and vibrant campaign has got one bag lover on side, how about you?

And so, to a brief applause for the Fall 2015 presentation at New York Fashion Week. This was my first glimpse into a Coach show and it was something to behold. Biker boots and shearling jackets, what's not to love about this glam grunge look? Now make sure you go explore the full collection here.
Fall 2015
Spring 2015

All Image credit to http://uk.coach.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment